- You have 1280x720 pixels to work with. The bottom left corner is 0, 0 with X increasing going right, and Y increasing going up.
- The game is on a fixed 60 fps cycle (no delta time needed).
- Come to the Discord if you need help: http://discord.dragonruby.org
- Going through all the sample apps is a REALLY GOOD IDEA. Most sample apps
contain a recorded replay/demo. So just double click
watch-recordingto see a full presentation of the sample.
For all the examples in the other documentation files. It's assumed they are being placed into the follow code block:
# Entry point placed in main.rb def tick args args.outputs.labels << [100, 100, 'hello world'] end
New to Ruby#
If you are a complete beginner and have never coded before:
- Run the 00_beginner_ruby_primer sample app and work through it. Video walkthrough: https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.dragonruby.org/dragonruby-gtk-primer.mp4
- Read all the code in the 00_intermediate_ruby_primer sample app. Video walkthrough: https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.dragonruby.org/dragonruby-gtk-intermediate.mp4
- There is also a free course you can sign up for at http://dragonruby.school